Once it was super difficult for artists to sell their art. The development of technology has made this a lot easier. So, it’s not too difficult to earn money from drawing these days. There are a lot of ways you can market and sell your art. Thanks to the internet, there are more chances to do so. If you’re creative and have some skill, you won’t have any trouble making money from your drawing.
Selling on Instagram
This is one of the best methods for selling your art online. It will give you a good platform for marketing your work. It also provides a ton of people that will appreciate and buy your art. There are a few challenges to setting up your art account on Instagram, though.
- It takes a lot of time and effort to get enough followers on your account.
- Your skills need to be on par. You will need to have a good style and draw something interesting.
- Post on a regular basis to ensure your account is relevant.
- Write an interesting bio and creative captions for your wor.
- You’ll need to engage the community. This means responding to comments or
- Make high-quality photos of your work to ensure you make money from drawing.
- Use important and relevant hashtags for your work.
Once you set up a strong account, things should be easier. You will get more followers the more popular your account is. Also the more you post, the more people you’ll reach. This is the perfect way to start making clients and getting commissions for your work. While you cannot sell your work directly over Instagram, you will be able to get in touch with clients.
Also, Instagram isn’t the only social media you can use to market and sell your art. It is by far the most relevant platform, but you can use others to improve your visibility. Posting on TikTok, Facebook, and even Linkedin will improve your reach. This will let more people see your work and give you a better chance of selling some of it.
Teaching art online
Another great way to earn money with your drawing skills is to give online drawing classes. This might not be easy. It all depends on how well you can transfer your knowledge to your students. Also, if you don’t enjoy teaching, this isn’t the right job for you.
But, if you like teaching and know how to transfer your knowledge to your students this should be the perfect job for you.
First off, you can make a decent living if you have at least 2 students each day. This will depend on how much you charge, of course. But, the usual rates range from $5 to $40 an hour depending on the skill and age of the student. Getting students will be more difficult in the beginning. But, once you make a name for yourself you’ll get regular students. This should give you more and more classes every week.
Next, teaching can be very fulfilling and it will give you a chance to get back to the basics. Teaching students is also a great learning experience. You will learn about art and about yourself, as well.
Last, since you’ll be teaching online, you’ll need to know English. This will open up the global market for you, and getting students will be much easier. This will allow you to make money on the internet much more easily.
Make and sell a drawing course
If working with students is not your favorite job, you can still make money from teaching. Make a drawing course and sell it online. This is a great way to create recurring income online and boost your earnings.
The downside is that you’ll need to make a big investment in the beginning. Creating a course is not a small feat. You’ll need to create enough interesting materials to draw in students. Also, you should make your course worth the investment. If the students feel like they’re not getting their money’s worth, they’ll give you bad reviews. This will decrease the number of new students that will buy your course.
Another thing you should keep in mind when making a course is updating. You should update your course with new information on a regular basis. This will keep things fresh and your students interested. A good thing is that you won’t have to update your course too often.
There are a couple of good sides to making an online course, too! You can make money from drawing without having to actually draw. Since the course will sell, you can just reap the income from that. If your course is a good seller, you won’t have to sell another picture! You’ll make passive income from the course.
Make money from drawing commissions
These days it’s very easy for a good artist to get commissions. People like art and they have more ideas about what they’d like to have in their home. People will pay you to draw a lot of things! And, depending on your skill and preferences, you can specialize in a certain field. This will allow you to draw pictures faster and get more commissions.
Here are some of the most popular categories for painting commissions.
- Pets – you can draw, sketch, or paint portraits of our little friends. A lot of people want to pay top dollar to have their pets painted. This usually means that you’ll paint them in many strange and funny situations. It goes to a point where people want their pets’ heads added to old classical paintings. So, there’s a lot of work.
- Fantasy characters – this includes video games, RPGs, cartoons, anime, books, or tabletop games. Whatever it is, people like to have their characters immortalized on the canvas. If you know how to draw any of these, you’ll have tons of commissions.
- Logos – a lot of people are opening new companies these days. Most of them hire artists to make logos for them. So, if you’re any good, this should be a reliable source of income. Sure, each logo design won’t bring you a lot of income. But, if you’re consistent, you can make a living.
- Wall art – some people like decorating their homes with paintings. These commissions are the easiest to draw. But, they could be the toughest to sell. This is because it all depends on your style. People who buy wall art can have specific tastes. They’ll either like your paintings or they won’t. It is why this is the most unreliable way to make money. Although, if you do sell some of your paintings they can earn you a lot of money.
The best part about doing commissions is that they allow you to make money from drawing on the side. These are some of the best drawing part-time jobs that can help you earn money. And, you can do them even if you have a full-time job.
Make money from drawing lines
A lot of people don’t have the time or the skills to edit their own images. This is why they outsource it to others. It comes down to removing background from images using your skills.
For his job, you don’t need to be a great artist. You can make money from drawing these lines even if you aren’t an artist at all. All you need is a steady hand and some photo editing skills. If you have a precision tool, like a pen tablet, it will be even easier!
It works by setting up background removal jobs on online job platforms like Fiverr. People will send you images and pay you to remove backgrounds from them. This is surprisingly easy to do. It is also easy to get jobs for this! Depending on how good you are, you can ask for $2 to $15 dollar per image. This may not sound that glamorous and well-paid. But, consider that you’ll do more than 4 images each hour. This is a conservative number, as well! If you’re good and fast, you can make as much as $100 an hour doing this.
Applying for online competitions
If you are confident in your skill and your art, you enter online art competitions. Since the development of the internet, these competitions have been held online more often. They have certain conditions and parameters you’ll have to follow. But, if you can make it in the top five, you’ll get a lot of good publicity. Apart from getting the prize money, this is a great chance for you to market yourself and your work.
Thus, even if you don’t win the competition, you’ll still get something out of it. The best part about these competitions is that you can participate in them while doing your day job. Which makes them an excellent opportunity to earn money as a student.
Selling products with your art
If your style allows it, you can print your artwork on cups, hoodies, or notebook covers and sell them. The easiest way to do this would be to sell your work printed out, on-demand. The upside is that you can draw a single piece and print it out on a lot of different products.
This means you won’t have to make unique drawings, which will save a lot of time. The downside is that you’ll have to partner up with a print-on-demand business. This means that you’ll have to share the proceeds from your sales.