Do you spend a lot of free time on your tablet, playing yet another round of some online game? Instead of killing your time like that, you can actually monetize it. In this article, we will present you with 11 legit ways how to make money at home on a tablet.
With tablets, you can earn money at home or when you are on the go. The easiest way to make money on a tablet is by taking part in various surveys. You can also create apps yourself. There are different apps available to do micro tasks from your tablet. You can even use your tablet to sell your stuff.
If you want to earn like a pro online, be sure to also check our list of 15 legitimate online jobs you can try. Let’s now dive deeper into 11 legit ways how you can make money at home on a tablet.
#1 Survey sites
Taking part in online surveys is one of the easiest ways to earn money online. The trouble is not all survey sites are legit. However, with Survimo and Shoppanel you can rest assured that your opinion will be rewarded.
You can register for free and complete the surveys that are sent directly to your email. Once you reach the payment threshold, you can simply withdraw money to your PayPal account. Read our blog about online money-making scams and learn how to avoid them.
#2 Sell your photos
When it comes to selling photos, you have two options. You can sell your photos on your own website or sell them as stock images on third-party websites. If you choose the latter option, consider the following facts:
- You have to go through an approval process – your photos need to meet certain criteria when it comes to content and quality.
- You cannot set your own price – stock sites determine the price of your images.
- Stock sites are very competitive – you have to find a way to stand out from millions of similar photos.
- Every stock site has a commission structure – this means that you don’t get to keep all the money.
- You cannot always use multiple websites – read the fine print and learn whether a stock photo website requires exclusivity.
#3 Make your own app
If you think you have a brilliant idea for an app, you can consider making your own. However, keep in mind that you will need to invest both time and money. You will need to design, launch and promote the app. First and foremost, you will need to conduct competitive market research. However great your idea is, you need to make sure that there is demand for it on the market.
#4 Sell your old stuff
Do you want to declutter your living space and earn a couple of bucks too? Selling your stuff online is a great way to get rid of all those things that are just lying around gathering dust. Learn the tricks on how to save money on clothes in our blog. Depending on the type of items that you wish to sell, these are some of the websites that you can use:
- eBay is undoubtedly one of the most popular websites where you can sell pretty much everything. You can either set a price for your item or open it to the auction.
- ThredUp is a perfect choice if you want to get rid of clothes, shoes, or accessories. They accept only women’s and children’s clothing.
- Decluttr is a good option for selling books and technology. Their team handles the sales, instead of selling it person-to-person.
#5 Use microtasks websites and apps
Different websites offer both physical and online micro-tasks that can be a great source of extra income. We present you with some online microtasks websites and apps:
- Mechanical Turk is Amazon’s well-known micro-tasking website. The tasks this website offers vary from tagging objects in an image to transcribing audio content.
- Appen is one of the websites that provide tasks mainly related to transcription, translation, and rating.
- Gigwalk is an app that includes performing simple tasks such as checking the availability of a certain item in a store.
#6 Earn money by playing video games
If you are an avid gamer, why not boost your income by playing video games? Read our experts’ tips on how to make money as a gamer. Many online games will offer you just virtual money or credits.
However, there are some that will reward you in cash. They usually require you to passively watch the ads in between levels or complete some micro tasks. Here are such websites:
- InboxDollars will reward you for insights into your gaming behavior. You can even enter cash tournaments including card games, strategy games, word games, etc.
- KashKick is an interesting choice for Scrabble lovers. There are different games that offer different stakes.
- Swagbucks has a variety of simple and fun games and it’s easy to sign up.
#7 Become a virtual assistant
A lot of virtual assistant jobs can be done on a tablet. VA jobs usually involve emailing, web research, customer service, and similar tasks. As a virtual assistant, you give support to businesses remotely.
You will often do office and administrative work. Determine which niche you want to work on. Also, focus on your strengths that can come in handy when you land your first VA gig.
#8 Test products
Do you like to try out new things? Why not make money while testing products then? You can get paid in cash or receive gift cards and merchandise. These are some of the things that you can test:
- Beauty products
- Household products
To become a product tester you need to sign up with a company that offers product testing at home. You need to qualify for a particular product test job and get approval. The best thing is that you usually test products and get to keep them too. It also feels good to play a role in product creation.
#9 Use investment apps
Investment apps can help you take control of your personal finances. With the help of these apps, you can ensure long-term financial success. These are just some of the most popular investment apps:
- Acorns is an app that automatically rounds your purchases up to the next dollar. It automatically deposits that amount into your investment account. When you shop with Acorns’s selected partners you also earn extra cash. It costs from $1 to $3, but you choose how much you want to invest.
- Betterment creates your customized investment plan. It helps you reach the goal related to both investments and savings. You can also choose to set up an automatic monthly deposit.
- Robinhood has become increasingly popular lately. It enables you to invest without paying commission fees. You can also use it for stock trading and investing in cryptocurrency.
#10 Sell your data
Selling your data can be an easy way of earning extra money without doing any work. Of course, this will work as long as you don’t see it as an invasion of personal privacy.
Nielsen, one of the most famous market research companies, will pay to see what you do on your phone, tablet, and computer. As soon as you sign up you can earn up to $50 in points for gift cards. You can even earn their $10,000 monthly sweepstakes.
Honeygain is another similar app. It collects data from your internet browser’s history. Then, it helps companies with market research. You can earn up to $19 a month if you download and use this app. How much you will earn depends on factors such as internet speed and location.
#11 Us your tablet to land freelance gigs
Consider what your skills are and use your tablet to find freelance gigs. There are many platforms where you can land your freelance gigs even without previous experience. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular platforms for freelance work:
- Fiverr – you can find freelance work in a wide variety of niches there. Some of the most popular niches are digital marketing and computer programming.
- Upwork – if you are an expert in fields such as graphic design or marketing, you can easily find freelance gigs on this platform.
- Handy – as its name suggests, its main focus is jobs related to handiwork. You can use this platform to offer services such as home cleaning and small fixes. When you do more jobs, you can increase your rates and start earning more with Handy.
We hope that this article has been informative and that it has encouraged you to make money at home on a tablet. If you use your tablet a lot, consider buying an attachable keyboard. It will turn your tablet into an even more convenient money-making tool. That way you can do office work at home on your tablet.
Many ways to make money online are compatible with your tablet. You can also learn how to earn money from a mobile phone. Whatever you choose, focus only on legitimate ways of earning money online. You may not earn a small fortune, but if you find the right online gigs, you can significantly boost your income.